FTEC - Spanish Trainee Programme
The FTEC (Formacion en las TEcnologias del CERN) Trainee Programme has been established through a bilateral agreement between CERN and CIEMAT (Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas) in Spain.
Deadline to submit applications: 14.02.2016 (23:59 CET)
This programme is aimed at recent graduates from university or higher technical institutes seeking further training in a wide area of projects. Selected trainees will join a team working at CERN and have the opportunity to enlarge their knowledge through participation in the hi-tech activities of the laboratory, in fields such superconducting and resistive magnets, power converters and their associated electronics, cryogenics and vacuum technologies and electronics for detectors, including radiation resistance issues, and related activities on infrastructures with a potential industrial return.
The projects can be found here.
For the FTEC 2016 call, up to 20 positions will be selected from 23 projects according to the quality of the candidates and technical suitability to the program.
- You are Spanish.
- You have a Master degree ("ingeniero superior", "licenciado" or "master") in the field of mechanical, electrical, electronic or computing engineering, applied physics or equivalent
- You have between 0 and 4 years of relevant experience (after your diploma).
- You have not had any previous appointments as members of the personnel of CERN for a cumulative period exceeding fourteen (14) months.
- Candidates who are currently preparing a diploma ("ingeniero superior", "licenciado" or "master") are eligible to apply. However, they are expected to have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
- Exceptions to the application of these criteria can be envisaged in particular in case an applicant holds a PhD degree or is in the process of obtaining it.
The application form and the following documents have to be submitted to your candidate profile using this e-recruitment system by 14th February 2016:
- a CV
- an academic transcript of your highest qualification giving an overview of your grades and studied modules
- a copy of your most recent (highest) qualification/diploma (if not yet obtained, latest version of your academic transcript and certificate of expected graduation date)
- optionally: a reference letter (please note that the reference letter is recommended but optional)
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Contract from 12 to 24 months
- 40 hours/week
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month
- Monthly subsistence of CHF 4,128
- Insurance coverage by a Spanish Insurance company
Applications are considered once a year, in March/April.
Contracts are expected to start on the 1st of June.
The vacancy notice is currently open.