It's big, it's loud, it's cold, and it's a challenging and exciting place to work! Come and join the maintenance team responsible for the maintenance of CERN cryogenic installations, a unique opportunity to work on large and complex cryogenic equipment and state of the art maintenance of industrial system and key technological components.
Maintenance Engineer in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Maintenance Management and Logistic Section (ML).
As Maintenance Engineer in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Maintenance management and logistic section (ML), you will take responsibility for the industrial contract for the maintenance and operation of cryogenic equipment for the CERN accelerators and detectors, test infrastructures and the central helium liquefier at CERN. The activity involves the contract management, the coordination of the maintenance and operation activities, the definition and implementation of the maintenance methodologies, the management and logistic of the spares. For more information (http://te-dep.web.cern.ch/content/cryogenics-group-crg).
This will involve:
- Technical and financial management of an industrial support contract for the maintenance and operation of the cryogenic installations.
- Monitoring, supervision and coordination of maintenance and operation activities.
- Definition and implementation of maintenance methodologies, key performance indicators and any other required tools and methodologies to improve the performances and availabilities of the cryogenic installations.
- Spare parts management, logistic and procurement.
- Management of the associated technical documentation, Quality Assurance and Control.
Master's degre in the field of industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering, or equivalent.
An additional qualification or post-graduate specialization in industrial maintenance would be an advantage.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience in the maintenance of industrial plants or complex process installations
- Proven experience in the management, monitoring and technical coordination of industrial contractors and service contracts.
- Experience in the management of maintenance activities via CAMMS.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Maintenance & operation of electro-mechanical equipment: maintenance of complex process equipment, rotating machinery and industrial plants.
- Organisation, planning and control: organisation, planning and monitoring of multidisciplinary activities.
- Contract management: contract management and technical coordination of industrial services.
- Maintenance & operation of electro-mechanical equipment: knowledge of maintenance methodologies and spare parts management.
- Use of maintenance management systems: knowledge of camms.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations.
- Optimising resources: effectively managing budget, optimizing human and financial resources.
The language competencies required are:
- English or French: spoken and written, with the ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports, and/or to make oral presentations. The ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 31.01.2016.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require :
- Participation in a regular stand-by duty, including nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work during nights, Sundays and public holidays.
- Work in Radiation Areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.