Non-Member State Postdoc Fellowship Programme (Theoretical Physics)
If you are looking for a postdoc postion in Theoretical Physics, and if you are not a national of a CERN member state (http://council.web.cern.ch/council/en/MemberStates.html), this job may be for you.
Deadline for application : 15 October 2017 (23h59 CET)
The Non-Member State Fellowship Programme in Theoretical Physics awards two postdoctoral fellowships per year. They are granted for two years and can exceptionally be extended to a third year.
- You should NOT be a national of a CERN Member State. Nationals from the CERN Member States (irrespective of their current place of study and/or residence) should apply to the 'standard' Fellowship Programme.
- You have a PhD in Theoretical Physics (or are about to finish your thesis) and are looking for a postdoctoral position.
- You have a maximum of 10 years of research experience after the degree which gives access to doctoral programmes (MSc or equivalent).
- a completed electronic application form
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a list of publications if relevant (for collaborations, please indicate simply the number of publications and only provide details of the most important ones)
- a photocopy of the last (highest) qualification
- a short (half page) description of your motivation for coming to CERN
- three letters of recommendation to give as broad as possible overview of your academic and/or professional achievements
- A short description of your research interests
The application and ALL supporting documents should reach CERN (or be submitted using the e-recruitment system) by the closing date. Candidates should upload their documents such as their curriculum vitae, publications, research interests etc. directly into our e-recruitment system (e-RT). Recommendation letters can also be uploaded directly or sent to the Recruitment Service by email, fax or postal mail (contact details are available here). Candidates will receive an automatic email when these documents are attached to their application.
- Financial conditions: Fellows salaries are calculated individually - salaries are competitive and tax-free.
- Leave: Fellows are entitled to 2.5 days paid leave per month.
- Insurance: Fellows are covered by CERN's comprehensive health scheme for themselves and their dependents.
- Travel expenses: Fellows are entitled to travel expenses for themselves and their family (unless stipulated otherwise on their contract).
- Fellows may be entitled to an installation grant, family allowance and child allowance. We also offer help with finding suitable accommodation via the Housing Service.
All applications for this type of Fellowship are considered by the Staff of the CERN TH Unit and the CERN Associates and Fellows Committee. Successful applicants will be offered appointments beginning in Autumn 2018.