EU Project Assistant
Are you a dynamic Support Assistant experienced in projects coordination? Would you like to share your organisational skills to work for an international organisation playing a key role in scientific collaboration in Europe ? Then join CERN and its European Union Support office. Take Part !
One of the main mission of the EU Support Office is to oversee the participation of CERN in EU Programmes for scientific and technological cooperation, and to provide support in the preparation and implementation of EU projects carried out at CERN. The Project Management and Operational Support Section is directly involved in the management of several large EU projects, coordinated by CERN.
As a EU Project Assistant, you will join the Industry, Procurement and Knowledge Transfer (IPT) Department, and will work in the European Union Support Office (IPT-EU), assisting in a number of activities of the unit, and providing support to the management and administration of EU projects coordinated by CERN.
More specifically, you will be involved in the following tasks:
- Assistance in the daily running of EU projects.
- Assistance in drafting proposal preparation forms and preparation of graphs, charts and documents for EU projects.
- Maintenance of project documentation, implementing and maintaining web sites, and collaborative workspace.
- Organising project meetings and other events.
- Preparation and maintenance of mailing lists.
- Taking minutes / notes of meetings.
- Organization and reimbursement of travel arrangements.
General secondary education in the field of administration or equivalent.*
*Please note that preference will be given to candidates with the above-mentioned qualifications: In principle consideration will not be given to applications from people with higher qualifications.
The experience required for this post is:
- A few years of professional experience, preferably in a research organisation or in international environment.
- Experience of EU project administration would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Use of Office software packages: microsoft office and web publishing tools (Sharepoint, Drupal).
- Conference, workshop and event organisation.
- Secretarial service.
- Text editing and proof-reading.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information.
- Achieving results: delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information.
The language competencies required are:
- English: fluent spoken and written English is required.
- French: ability to understand, speak and work in French in professional contexts is desirable.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 11.12.2016.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 2 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.