Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN: STREAM: CIS in Germany
The EU-funded Horizon 2020 programme has two main strategic objectives: to strengthen the scientific and technological base of European industry and to encourage its international competitiveness, while promoting research that supports EU policies.
STREAM is a 4-year multi-site training network for the career development of 17 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) on scientific design, construction manufacturing and of advanced radiation instrumentation.
The STREAM consortium comprises 10 research organisations and 5 industrial partners. STREAM structures the research and training in four scientific work-packages spanning the whole value-chain from research to application: CMOS Technologies Assessment, Smart Sensor Design and Layout,Validation and Qualification, Technology Integration, and Valorization.
STREAM targets the development of innovative radiation-hard, smart CMOS sensor technologies for scientific and industrial applications. The platform technology developed within the project will be tested in the demanding conditions posed by the CERN LHC detectors' environment as well as European industry leaders in field of CMOS imaging, electron microscopy andradiation sensors. This leveraging factor will allow to fine-tune the technology to meet the requirements of industrialapplication cases on demand such as electron microscopy and medical X-ray imaging, as well as pathway towardsnovel application fields suchas satellite environments, industrial X-ray systems and near-infrared imaging. The projectwill train a new generation of creative, entrepreneurial and innovative early-stage researchers and broaden their academiccareer and employment opportunities.
How can you take part?
If you are an enthusiastic and talented student or young professional thinking of doing a doctorate, you could be a good candidate. If successful, you will be offered an employment contract with a maximum duration of 3 years in order to obtain your PhD degree with one of the European universities which are involved in STREAM.
In addition to the scientific research and training, complementary training (such as communication and management) will enhance researchers' career prospects in both the public and private sectors.
The following ESR is currently open:
ESR 7 - deadline for application 23 March 2017
For detailed information on the positions offered, please see the STREAM web site.
ESRs must, at the time of recruitment
- (i) be in possession of a university degree, and (ii) have a maximum of four years of full-time research experience, including any period of research training, after obtaining the degree which formally allowed them to embark on a doctorate in the country in which the degree/diploma was obtained or in the host country (irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged).
- ESRs cannot be PhD holders at the start of their employment contract.
- The European Commission's mobility rules state: At the time of recruitment by the host organisation, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date. Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.
- Proficiency in English is required; training in other languages can be provided through the ITN's training budget.
Applications should include:
- a completed electronic application form;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- a copy of the last (highest) qualification;
- a short letter of motivation;
- three letters of recommendation to give as broad as possible overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
The application and ALL supporting documents should be submitted using the e-recruitment system by the application deadline.
- Attractive remuneration under employment contract for 36 months.
- In accordance with the European Commission's allowances for ITNs, there is an additional training allowance to cover training activities, conference attendance, etc.
- Employment contract will start as soon as possible.
- Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date and will include a video interview. In the event of an interview at the premises of the partner, STREAM will cover travel costs.