Are you a proactive and flexible Administrative Assistant, attracted by numbers, with a cooperative spirit and good software packages skills? Are you interested to collaborate on a range of administrative areas at Department level and to provide assistance to members of Personnel in a dynamic IT Department? Contribute with your skills to the IT Secretariat Team! CERN. Take part!
Administrative Assistant in the Information Technology Department (IT), Department Infrastructure Group (DI), Secretariat Section (SE).
You will join:
- The Information Technology (IT) Department which provides computing services for all aspects of the laboratory's activities. More information on the Department is at: http://cern.ch/it-dep/
- The Department Infrastructure (DI) Group which provides and maintains the administrative and infrastructure support for the IT Department (more than 250 members of Personnel).
The Secretariat (SE) Section which covers all aspects of administrative support required within the IT Department such as reimbursements of expenses and handling of the arrival and departure formalities for the members of personnel. The Section also collaborates with the Department Planning Officer for the Personnel data maintenance and is responsible for the follow-up of contracts for all categories of members of personnel.
As an Administrative Assistant in a team of 4 people, you will be involved in various administrative tasks and in particular you will:
- Answer queries on personnel and administrative matters on a variety of subjects.
- Take care of arrival and departure formalities: travel arrangements, process expense claims, liaise with other internal services, etc.
- Participate in presentations for the internal induction organized in IT for newcomers;
- Following a period of training and familiarisation with the CERN personnel/administrative databases and associated tools. prepare and process several reimbursements in accordance with CERN Staff rules and regulations.
- Prepare excel documents, statistics and update data in planning tools.
- Maintain and control information in CERN personnel/administrative databases and associated tools.
- Provide assistance to the head of department during the absence of his assistant.
- Cover for other team members during their absence.
Technical certificate or general secondary education in the field of adminstration and finance, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Initial relevant professional experience in an administrative service/secretariat service, with strong use of Excel.
- Experience in an international environment would be an advantage.
- Experience using personnel/administrative databases and associated tools would be an advantage.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Use of Office software packages: including maintenance of web sites in drupal and/or sharepoint, preparation of excel documents.
- Secretarial service: preparing and processing several reimbursements, assisting in the preparation of excel documents and statistics.
- Customer service: answering queries on personnel and administrative matters on a variety of subjects.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Demonstrating accountability: working conscientiously and reliably; delivering on promises; readily admitting to mistakes; maintaining confidentiality.
- Working in teams: seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others; contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Achieving results: objectively assessing and monitoring own work; regularly reporting on progress and advising of any changes in schedule or priorities; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Demonstrating flexibility: readily accepting new tasks or work/projects; readily absorbing new techniques and working practices; proposing new or improved ways of working.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English: ability to understand and speak in professional contexts as well as the ability to prepare/draft accurate texts.
- Knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 24.04.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.