Your HR competencies can contribute to great scientific developments! CERN is a unique organisation with ambitious research goals and has high expectations of its HR department. HR quality support is essential for carrying out scientific work. If you are looking for a diverse HR generalist role in a multicultural environment, this challenge is for you. Take part!
Human Resources Adviser in the Human Resources Department (HR), Frontline Group (FL).
The HR Frontline acts as the main point of contact for members of personnel to answer their requests. The main role of the HR Frontline is to advise the members of personnel and provide consultancy services. The HR Frontline is supported by Centres of Expertise for specific knowledge in HR processes.
As an HR adviser (HRA), you will be involved in HR issues relating to the department(s) to which you are assigned.
- Advise & support supervisors in their HR and people activities.
- Deal with concerns related to members of personnel's day to day work.
- Operationalize HR strategy.
- Support change management and organizational development activities.
- Drive HR processes into practice and provide feedback to Centres of Expertise.
- As an HRA, you will be part of the Frontline team and in this context, you may also contribute to specific projects.
Master's degree in the field of Human Resources or in a related field, e.g. economics, business administration, behavioural sciences, law, together with professional training in the field of Human Resources, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience as an HR generalist in a multicultural environment.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Performance management.
- Change management.
- Conflict resolution.
- Talent management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Solving problems: finding the information needed to solve problems; making objective judgments based on all the facts available; seeking and integrating other points of view when tackling an issue; consulting experts in the field and undertaking benchmarking.
- Working in teams: debating at the table and engaging in constructive confrontation of ideas; supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings.
- Communicating effectively: demonstrating a pro-active approach to resolving differences; addressing issues of conflict constructively; delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 25.06.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.