IT Service Manager
Join a dynamic team to take an active role in developing and managing IT services and provisioning applications used by hundreds of CERN's engineers every day. Work at the heart of the tool deployment strategy of the largest particle physics lab in the world: CERN, take part!
IT Service Manager in the Information Technology Department, Collaboration, Devices & Applications Group, Applications & Devices Section.
You will join the Applications and Devices section which manages the server infrastructure for over 800 servers, supports 10,000 devices such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and screens and provides over 100 applications including mechanical engineering tools, mathematics tools, electronic design automation tools, general productivity applications as well anti-virus, printing and configuration management tools.
As a service manager in the AD section, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the lifecycle of engineering applications (e.g. CATIA, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Revit), structural analysis and field calculation tools (e.g. ANSYS, COMSOL, Opera): provide and manage software licences, automate installation, deploy updates and provide user support.
- Manage engineering Product Data Management tools (currently CATIA SmarTeam and Autodesk Vault): install and configure server components, carry out proactive maintenance and data migrations.
- Liaise with the CERN engineering community and contribute to CERN's strategy for engineering applications and product management tools.
- Manage, maintain and develop Windows Server Infrastructure including licence servers and service management and reporting tools.
You will also play an active role contributing to:
- Managing the lifecycle of mathematics tools, electronic design automation tools and general productivity applications.
- Providing user support for Windows, macOS, iOS and Android devices.
- Managing security of IT systems.
Bachelors in the field of Computer Science, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in providing complex mission-critical computer systems including systems integration, service deployment and operations.
- Experience in system administration on the Windows platform.
- Experience with user relations, user support and problem management for complex applications.
- Initial experience in desktop, mobile, or web software development.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Solution architecture: systems installation/decommissioning and system software administration and scripting for Windows server and Windows 10.
- Requirements definition and management: usability evaluation and application support: provisioning, packaging, deployment and maintenance of applications according to user requirements.
- Customer relationship management: information content authoring and problem management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Solving problems: identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; testing solutions for long-term suitability, cross-checking with all concerned before implementation; producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements.
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; keeping to the point; Providing others with timely information.
The language competencies required are:
- Good knowledge of English is required: ability to draw-up technical specifications and/or scientific reports and to make oral presentations.
- Basic knowledge of French or an undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal situation.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 10.07.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.