Junior Recruitment and Sourcing Specialist
Great science needs great people: do you have a first experience in recruitment administration? Take a leap in your career by joining a first class in-house recruitment team in a place like nowhere else on earth: CERN. Take part!
Junior Recruitment & Sourcing Specialist in the Human Resources Department (HR), Talent Acquisition Group (TA), Recruitment Section (R).
You will join the Staff Recruitment Team, part of the Talent Acquisition centre of expertise in CERN's Human Resources Department (HR-TA) which handles recruitment, sourcing, capacity planning, personnel records, Host State legitimation cards and visas.
As a Junior Recruitment & Sourcing Specialist, you will join a dynamic team of 10 people in the Talent Acquisition Centre of Expertise.
The centralized staff recruitment team was founded in 2010 with the objective to provide best-in-class service to meet the personnel needs of the Organization (approx. 140 positions/year). Through extensive candidate sourcing, communication as well as outreach initiatives, our mission is to promote CERN as an employer of choice and to attract diverse talents from all our Member and Associate Members States.
Reporting directly to the Recruitment Section Leader, you will provide assistance during the whole recruitment lifecycle, and notably:
- Handle all logistics related to staff recruitment from job posting to contract administration:
- Facilitate candidate sourcing using appropriate tool and online solutions.
- Act as main point of contact for candidates in view of offering a first class experience.
- Provide administrative support to hiring managers and other recruiters.
- Support high volumes of CV screening for both technical and non-technical roles.
- Set-up evaluation tools such as video interviews and other tests.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of selection boards: communication with candidates, handling logistics.
- Prepare job offers and related paperwork.
- Contribute to improving and streamlining administrative processes and procedures.
- Represent the Organization at job fairs and other outreach events to share job opportunities and promote CERN as an employer of choice.
- Liaise with other Centres of Expertise in the HR Department.
- Administer and maintain statistics to support decision-making.
- Contribute to HR-related projects.
- Back-up colleagues during their absences and perform other duties as may be assigned.
Bachelor in the field of Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- A first proven experience in an in-house recruitment team would be a strong asset along with CV screening/candidate sourcing.
- Experience in a large, international, fast-paced environment: ideally in a technical or scientific context.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Recruitment: including relevant tools, e.g. applicant tracking systems, online sourcing channels, CRM, etc.
- Conference, workshop and event organisation.
- Customer service.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues; seeking to help other team members when own work is done; supporting others.
- Demonstrating flexibility: adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirements; being willing to work on different projects simultaneously.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting.
- Communicating effectively: providing others with timely information; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Building relationships: being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 08.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.