Maintenance Management Analyst
It's big, it's loud, it's cold, and it's a challenging and exciting place to work! Come and join the team supporting, consolidating, developing and maintaining CERN's cryogenic facilities, a unique opportunity to work on large and complex cryogenic equipment and to participate in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of cryogenics systems for accelerators, detectors and test facilities. CERN, take part!
Maintenance Management Analyst in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Methods and Logistics section (ML).
You will join the Methods and Logistics section (ML), which is in charge of:
- Development of methodology, quality assurance and tools to improve the overall availability of the cryogenic systems.
- Management of the CMMS tools, spare parts, logistics, storage area for cryogenics.
- Management of the Cryogenics industrial support contract for Maintenance & Operation.
- Supervision of the non-LHC cryogenic systems and infrastructure exploitation.
- Coordination and scheduling of TE-CRG activities and interface with the central coordination for accelerators, detectors and test facilities.
- Ordering and distribution of cryogenic fluids CERN-wide.
- For more information: http://te-dep-crg-ml.web.cern.ch/
As a technical engineer in the Technology Department (TE), Cryogenics Group (CRG), Methods and logistics section (ML), you will have to:
- Master the cryogenic implementation of the CERN computerised maintenance management system (infor-EAM) in order to:
- Adapt it to the specificities of the cryogenics systems and workflows;
- Prepare reliability statistical analysis for maintenance and consolidation decision;
- Draw up and manage the associated technical documentation;
- Elaborate, in collaboration with the Maintenance Engineer, the Roadmap deployment;
- Train cryogenics end users to use the tool.
- Manage the provision and distribution of large quantities of the cryogenic fluids (liquid nitrogen, liquid helium) associated with the cool-down and warm-up of the LHC.
- Develop and conduct the logistics plan associated with the major overhauling of the cryogenic assets during the long shutdown periods.
- Elaborate and communicate activity planning based on inputs from operations and engineering projects.
- Administrate the web based section/group communication and management tools.
Bachelor or equivalent qualification, in the field of maintenance management and logistics, or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Mastering the use and configuration of computer maintenance management tools (INFOR-EAM, Maximo)
- Experience in several of the following fields:
- data mining tools (Pentaho, business objects);
- management of SharePoint or Drupal websites;
- maintenance management of the cryogenic refrigeration process equipment.
- Training of end users.
- Logistics experience.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Logistics management: mastering the use and configuration of computer maintenance management tools (Infor-eam, Maximo).
- User relationship management.
- Use of Office software packages.
- Use of database software packages: SQL tools; website management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities; understanding when teamwork is required to achieve the best results; including others accordingly and sharing information.
- Managing self: working well autonomously; taking on activities and tasks without prompting; remaining objective, focussed and productive in a stressful environment; focusing on solutions rather than problems.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating a willingness to accept changing circumstances; supporting initiatives for change; being willing to work on different projects simultaneously.
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; producing comprehensive work/project plans taking into account resources and contingencies; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English or French: ability to understand and speak the other language in routine situations.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 23.01.2018.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work in radiation areas.
- Interventions in underground installations.
- Stand-by duty, when required by the needs of the Organization.
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.