Contribute your experience of application software, database design and commercial ERP systems to a unique environment: the birthplace of the World Wide Web. This is a great opportunity for a computing engineer to work at the leading edge in terms of ERP processes, with exposure to all facets of CERN as a business. Take part!
ERP specialist in the Finance and Administrative Processes Department (FAP), Administrative Information Systems Group (FAP-AIS), Finance, Purchasing, and Logistics services (FAP-AIS-FP).
You will join the FAP-AIS group which provides and supports:
- Advanced tools for e-business and workflow in the purchasing, HR, financial, logistics and safety business areas. These tools are currently used by more than 15,000 users world-wide.
- Tools to plan and manage resources for CERN's present and future projects and activities.
- Financial & Personnel reporting tools covering budget planning, contract expenditure, distributed access to HR data and Personnel Budget Simulation.
- Tools offering classical ERP functions like finance, purchasing, logistics, import/ export, warehouse management, human resources, e-recruitment and payroll.
The AIS strategy is to provide the user communities with a unique, coherent and integrated environment for all administrative applications, tools and documentation. Virtually all functionality is today provided through Web interfaces. The different services are based on commercial off-the-shelf application packages where possible and complemented with, mainly Java-based, custom developments.
All applications use the Oracle RDBMS. Server side software is deployed on Linux systems.
As an ERP Specialist, you will work in the Finance and Procurement section which supports and develops our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for CERN's Finance, Purchasing, and Logistics services.
As a member of this team, you will:
- Implement, customize, integrate, test, and document new requirements concerning our ERP's (currently Baan and Qualiac)
- Design components as requested by our end users within the constraints of the ERP's technical architecture.
- Provide 3rd level user support & maintenance for those ERP's, covering the designated business areas, ensuring business continuity.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of existing systems in close collaboration with internal clients/users and possibly external partners/suppliers.
Bachelor or equivalent relevant experience in the field of computing or a related field, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Experience in the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of business software.
- Experience of commercial ERP systems in support and development.
- Experience in database design, SQL and query optimization.
The following experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in commercial ERPs functional consultancy area.
- Experience of business process modeling.
- Experience of modern software engineering practices (Agile).
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Programming/Software development: ERP application development.
- Application support: support to the ERP users.
- Database/Repository design: when extending/customizing our current applications.
- Technical advice and guidance: working with business specialists and computing engineers in the selection/evaluation of technical solutions.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: delivering high quality work on time and fulfilling expectations; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
- Solving problems: producing workable and timely solutions that meet requirements; identifying, defining and assessing problems, taking action to address them; adopting a pragmatic approach; understanding the value of adopting generic rather than 'gold -plated' technical solutions.
- Working in teams: building and maintaining constructive and effective work relationships; working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
- Working in the interest of the organization: behaving consistently with CERN's values and goals.
- Learning and sharing knowledge: actively pursuing own personal and professional development; keeping up-to-date with developments in own field of expertise and readily absorbing new information; sharing knowledge and expertise freely and willingly with others; coaching others to ensure knowledge transfer.
The language competencies required are:
- English or French: spoken and written with the ability to draw up technical texts. The ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts would be an advantage.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 11.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.