Are you interested in joining a dynamic multi-national team developing safety training activities? Are you interested in working with multi-disciplinary stakeholders, inside or outside CERN? Your competencies can contribute to a safe operation of the world's largest particle accelerator complex and its experimental facilities. Take Part!
Training specialist in the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Unit (HSE), Safety Training unit.
You will join the Safety Training (ST) section within the Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Protection (HSE) Unit, which acts, on behalf of the Director General, on general safety matters, radiation and environmental protection. With about 6500 enrolments per year, the service organises, plans and coordinates over 80 different classroom, online and tailor-made courses on health and Safety in both English and French. The Safety Training section is responsible to develop, implement and operate an overall, coherent and state of the art safety training for the population working on CERN's sites. In this role, the Safety Training section supports CERN in fulfilling its legal obligation as employer, contract holder and host laboratory.
In coordination with different stakeholders such as learners, trainers, experts, safety officers, supervisor, project leaders, CERN services, IT supports and external training service providers, you will:
- Analyse safety training needs in collaboration with Departments and HSE groups.
- Identify the adequate learning method (classroom, online, etc.).
- Oversee course creation and implementation.
- Analyse and integrate feedback and lessons learnt.
- Participate in the daily operation of the section.
- Setting up and documenting procedures.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Quality Assurance System for Safety Training.
- Follow up on contracts with learning service providers and monitor budget.
- Participate in the development of a Learning Management System for Safety Training.
- Communicate via all channels with the different stakeholders of Safety Training.
- Generate statistics and ensure reporting.
Master's degree or PhD or equivalent relevant experience in the field of Training engineering, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience in development and implementation of training programmes.
- Experience in teaching.
- Experience in working with learning management systems.
- Experience in designing training courses (didactics and graphics).
Would be an advantage:
- Experience in Quality Assurance.
- Experience with CERN technology and operations (accelerators and/or experiments).
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Learning: knowledge of state of the art learning methods and tools.
- Use of Database software packages.
- Service level management.
- Quality management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Achieving results: being rigorous and producing quality results at first attempt; having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Building relationships: caring about the well-being of others; being able to put self in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs and interests.
- Communicating effectively: delivering presentations in a structured and clear way; adjusting style and content to the audience; responding calmly and confidently to questions; selecting the appropriate medium and forum to communicate; ensuring that information, procedures and decisions are appropriately documented.
- Working in teams: supporting and acting in accordance with team decisions; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings; contributing to promoting a positive atmosphere in the team through an optimistic and constructive attitude; addressing issues.
The language competencies required are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand and speak both languages in professional contexts as well as the ability to draft texts for publications and/ or official communications and to make oral presentations in both languages.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 26.09.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- Interventions in underground installations.
- A valid driving licence.