Head of Soft Facilities Services
Facilities Services on a large scale like no other basic science research facility: engaging in new ways of thinking, of managing, of working. Are you an accomplished Soft Services Manager, with demonstrated experience in taking your vision from concept to implementation in medium/large-size facilities serving the public, combined with successful team management? Are you ready for a new challenge in your career? Prove your skills in this unique environment by seizing this opportunity to lead CERN's facilities services. CERN, take part!
As Head of Soft Facilities Services, you will have the dual function of an accomplished facilities services Professional, as well as an experienced Team Manager. You will:
- Define strategic directions for the Group, in coordination with the Department Head, as well as the development objectives of the Group members through interactions with key stakeholders and influential players within the Group and beyond, and optimize the Group's performance from a CERN perspective.
- Define, negotiate, plan and manage the Group's structure and resources (personnel and material).
- Participate, with the Department Head, in the development of a strategic vision for the Department.
- Lead the Group (personnel supervision - about 30 staff members plus contractors, talent acquisition, performance and talent management, coaching, conflict management, change management, etc.).
- Create a working environment favourable to learning and knowledge sharing.
- Ensure communication to and from the Department Head and to/from the Group members and beyond.
- Manage contracts, projects and related activities.
- Manage safety for the Group.
- Represent the Group outside the Department.
- Develop relationships and partnerships outside CERN.
- Ensure compliance with CERN's rules and regulations.
You will be responsible to monitor and control:
- Mobility services (car fleet, shuttle fleet, bicycle fleet, subcontracted bus and car rental services, petrol stations).
- Cleaning services (320'000 m2 of regular cleanable surface, 42'000 m2 of windows).
- Housing services (hotels, apartments, etc.).
- Installation services. Internal mail distribution services.
- Restaurant services (subcontracted).
- Commodities reception and dispatching services.
- Warehouse management services.
Master's degree in the field of engineering and/or business administration, or equivalent.
The experience required for this post is:
- Extensive experience in facilities/service Management in an industrial/tertiary environment in domains mentioned above acquired in medium/large-size facilities receiving public at large, such as research institutions, hospitals, universities, airports, railways stations, shopping malls, etc.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Project Management.
- Quality Management.
- Process improvement.
- Performance Management.
The behavioural competencies required for this post are:
- Creating vision and strategic partnerships: build comprehensive road maps to translate the organisational vision to an operational level; defines and sets direction accordingly.
- Setting direction: coordinates activities and focuses team on goals and objectives; monitors progress of team towards agreed goals and takes corrective action when needed.
- Leading with strength and credibility: demonstrate authority and is accountable for actions, decisions and effective functioning of the team.
- Bringing the best out of people: adapt leadership style to individual staff members' education, background and culture in order to achieve a high level of motivation and productivity.
- Optimising resources: demonstrate awareness of financial issues affecting the Organization; analyses financial implications before taking decisions.
The language competencies required for this post are:
- Spoken and written English and French: ability to understand, speak, and make oral presentations in both languages as well as the ability to draft texts in one of them.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.11.2017.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you update your profile regularly with any relevant information and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 5 years. Limited-duration contracts shall terminate by default on their date of expiry.
Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
- A valid driving licence.