Spontaneous application in Electronics and controls
Skills always in demand.
Working at the heart of the matter Electronics is at the heart of our activities : playing a mission critical role in our particle accelerators (power conversion, magnet controls and protection, radio frequency, beam analysis and control, real-time controls), high energy physics experiments (detector instrumentation, data acquisition and filtering, trigger, data storage), power generation and distribution or access and safety infrastructures. From the system conception and specifications, to the design, simulation, prototyping and testing, to, finally, the mass production, installation and full system commissioning: The challenges are numerous. But surely you're up to it - together with us. Take part!
If you're ready to stretch your imagination and skills, and you're passionate about one or more of the following:
- Analogue electronics (circuit design, front-end instrumentation and control, DC to wide band signal amplification, power conversion and management, signal to noise optimization filtering, analogue to digital and digital to analogue conversions, radiation-hardness)
- Digital electronics (digital signal processing, data filtering and synchronization, link technologies, timing and data alignment, slow and real-time process controls, data collection and storage, radiation-hardness)
- High frequency techniques (RF amplifiers, klystrons, acceleration cavities and linear structures, analogue and digital controls for RF units)
- Micro-electronics (analogue and digital chip design, packaging, radiation-hardness)
- Electronics production techniques (circuit layout, PCB manufacturing)
- Power electronics o Control systems (embedded systems, PLC, regulation, SCADA)
- Data acquisition systems (data acquisition, links and adapters, logging systems)
then don't miss our recurring opportunities in these domains. find out more in our video. You may also want to consider our opportunities to work as an operator (beam operator, technical infrastructure operator, cryogenics operator).
We offer roles at all levels, from completed apprentices to PhDs. If you've got something to offer us in any of these areas, we can offer you a challenge like no other. Please use the link below to register your interest.
By applying here, you allow CERN to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. However, please note that this is not guaranteed and depends on whether the recruitment team needs to search this database for given positions where there is an insufficient number of suitably qualified applicants. We therefore encourage you to file applications for specific job opportunities as you see fit, where your application will be considered among all those received.
Please ensure you update your profile with any relevant information regularly.
Employing a diverse and international workforce is a CERN core value and central to our success. We encourage applications from nationals of all Member States, irrespective of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or personal status.
We also have entry-level opportunities in the field. To find out more, check our graduate programme webpages.