Grants for Corresponding Associates are awarded to scientists holding research or teaching posts for a period of at most six months to help them keep abreast of developments in particle physics and related fields. During their stay at CERN, Corresponding Associates are expected to be on leave of absence and receive normal salary payments from their home institute. CERN supplements these with a subsistence allowance to cover the additional costs of living in the Geneva area.
- Subsistence allowance of 4128 CHF per month
- Possibility to join the CERN Health Insurance Scheme
- 40 hours /week
- Corresponding associates are entitled to authorised absences provided their contract of association has a duration of at least four months
- Travel reimbursement depending on personal situation
Applications are submitted online. The following documents are required:
- a completed electronic application form
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a list of publications
- three letters of recommendation
The application and ALL supporting documents should reach CERN via the e-recruitment system by the closing date.
Please note: In the "Specific Information" of the application form a link to forward to your THREE referees will be available (as well as in the email of acknowledgment receipt). This link will allow them to submit their letter of recommendation in support of your application. Letters should be in English or French and submitted by the deadline indicated.
All applications for Corresponding Associates are considered by the Associates and Fellows Committee which meets twice per year, usually in May and November. Results are sent out in the days following the Committee.
Applications which are incomplete (e.g. missing reference letters) as of the closing date for a given Committee will not be considered.