How do you plan to spend your summer? How does getting involved in some of the world’s biggest experiments sound? This is more than summer work. It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved in the day-to-day work of our multicultural teams. Attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
Summer Student Programme - Member States
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Cyprus, Pakistan, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine.
- Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a CERN Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State educational establishment (if you do not fullfil the conditions above, please check the Non Member State Summer Student Programme).
- Your Bachelor or Master degree focuses on one of the following disciplines: Civil Engineering; Controls and Data Acquisition; Electricity; Electromechanics; Electronics; Health, Safety & Environment; Information Technologies; Materials Science & Surface Engineering; Mechanics; Physics.
- You are an undergraduate student and have completed, by the summer of attending, at least three years of full-time studies at university level or you are expecting to graduate in the summer of attending (but not earlier than May 2017).
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User...) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Duration of stay: 8-13 weeks (dates of stay to be indicated on the application form)
- Working time: 40 hours/week
- Report to be written by the end of stay
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A technical project
- Subsistence: 90 CHF/day (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Assistance in finding accommodation on the CERN site or nearby
For further information: Summer student info page
Please APPLY ONLINE before 27th January 2017 (23:59 CET) and make sure the documents below are uploaded to your profile (with the correct document type) before 30th January 2017:
- REPORT ON CANDIDATE - Once your application has been submitted you will receive a confirmation e-mail which contains a link to this report which has to be forwarded to at least one referee (preferably a professor). In order to be considered, at least one new report MUST reach us before the deadline.The report on candidate needs to be less than 6 months old at the deadline.
- MOST RECENT ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPT (official document giving an overview of your marks; either issued from your university or copy of the transcript from your university portal) - If the academic transcript is not written in latin characters please upload also a translation (English or French) made by you.
- CV (English or French)
Please only upload the required documents for this position and ensure good/readable quality of those. Please also ensure correct labelling of your documents when uploading them.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed their application before the deadline will pass to the next step of the selection process. The final selection results will be communicated to the candidates by mid-April at the latest.